How accessible this website is
This website is run by Walsall College. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts using recite me
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver) or recite me
- the text will reflow into a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- you can modify the line height or spacing of text using ‘recite me’
We’ve also included the Website Accessibility Software ‘Recite me’. This is available by clicking the ‘Accessbility’ button at the top right hand side of this website.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- not all videos have captions
- some of our website is difficult to navigate using just a keyboard
- you cannot skip to the main content when using a screen reader
- we are still working on making the application form more accessible
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
We’ll consider your request and get back to you as soon as we can.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us.
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Walsall College is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed above.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 26/11/2020. The test was carried out by our internal technical teams.
When testing the website we sampled the most commonly used pages.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are are working hard to improve on any issues and our accessibility compliance is reviewed regularly.